This month we infuse and celebrate with dark chocolate, tater tots and chili. And there’s a red rose for Valentine’s Day. February is a good food month. Make it a good love month too. We need it. #Dontfeartheedible
2 tablespoons canna-butter or oil
1 lb ground beef or chicken/turkey
1 small white onion, chopped
2 15oz cans diced tomatoes
1 can beans, drained, kidney or black
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
Chips, avocado, red onion
1. In a large saucepot heat the butter or oil.
Add the meat or chicken and sauté until just cooked,
10-12 minutes. If there is a lot of liquid, carefully pour it out.
2. Add the onion and cook for 7-9 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the beans, along with all the spices.
3. Simmer gently, stirring every 10 min. for 35-40 minutes.
4. Divide between the bowls and top with crushed chips, avocado and red onion.
Dank Drinking Chocolate
1 ½ cups half and half
2 teaspoons canna-butter
7 ounces dark chocolate
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Pinch of salt
½ cup graham cracker crumbs
½ cup mini marshmallows
1. Heat the half and half on low in a small saucepan.
2. Add the canna-butter and the sugar, stir well, heat but don’t boil.
3. Add the chocolate and stir well.
4. Add the cornstarch and salt, whisk for 3-4 minutes.
5. Divide between two cups and top with crumbs and marshmallows.
Tater Tots to Leave Your Lover
½ cup sour cream
1 tbs melted canna-butter, cooled
2 cups tots, hot and crisp
3 scallions, trimmed and chopped
3 strips bacon, cooked & chopped
1. Heat oven according to directions on the package. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and the butter. Chill briefly.
2. Place 3 bowls on your work surface. As soon as the tots are ready, place them in the bowls and top with scallion, bacon and the infused sour cream. Dig in.
RECIPES by LAURIE WOLF | PHOTOS by BRUCE WOLF