What a fabulous indulgence
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
1½ tablespoons chocolate syrup
1-2 teaspoons canna-butter, room temp
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons instant dark hot chocolate mix
2 small pinches chili powder (optional)
½ cup whole milk, heated until warm to the touch
1½ cups water, heated until warm to the touch
2 whole cinnamon sticks (or 1 tsp. ground cinnamon)
1. In a saucepot, over low-medium heat, combine chocolate syrup,
canna-butter, dark chocolate hot chocolate mix, and chili powder.
2. Pour warmed milk over top and mix until well combined.
3. Slowly pour warmed water into milk chocolate and whisk to combine.
4. Once completely combined, warm over low heat, for two to three minutes.
5. Evenly pour into two mugs, top with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon or cayenne.
What a fabulous indulgence.
Hot chocolate is not just for cold kids anymore.
2 cups almond milk
12 pitted dates
1 banana, peeled and sliced
½ cup almond butter
2 teaspoons canna-butter or canna-oil
4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, divided
¼ cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
1. Place the first five ingredients and half the sweetener in the blender.
2. Place the remaining sweetener on a small flat plate.
3. Place the finely chopped almonds on a separate plate.
4. Take the first glass and run the rim through the sweetener, followed by the almonds. If uneven repeat the process.
5. Blend the smoothie and carefully pour into the glasses.
I’ve become quite attached to garnishing drinks with a cool rim job. Lol. I love the flavors as an introduction to the flavor palate of the drink. And it looks so good – although looks don’t matter – it’s what’s on the inside that counts.
GOLDEN DELIGHT SMOOTHIE
2 ½ cups coconut milk
3 tablespoons honey
1-2 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons canna-butter
1. Combine ingredients in a blender and process.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the mixture from the blender, stirring until very warm but not simmering – about 5-7 minutes.
3. Divide the mixture between two mugs.
4. Place a teaspoon of butter on top of each serving. Serve immediately.
If you have not tried Golden Milk, now is the time. You won’t be sorry and you will be high.
RECIPES by LAURIE WOLF | PHOTOS by BRUCE WOLF